First time on this blog?

Who are Freedon, Sarah, Macky Rae, and Reba? They are my little dogs!
If you are new to this blog, click here to read the introduction.


 photo recycled_electrons_zps05d2a378.gif


Regarding any typos you may find in this blog:
Currently, I am using the computer at the library to write and publish this blog. In addition to the spellcheck on their computer, there is a spell checker on the blog-host's server - and the two programs are arguing with each other, and sometimes one or both corrects my typing, even when it doesn't need to be corrected.

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Family Meeting
(Dogs Say the Darnedest Things, Part 3)

At our family meeting, discussing fire safety with my three dogs:

ME: What should you do if you woke up and smelled smoke?

MACKY: Call 911.

ME: Very good.

SARAH: I'd call you on your cell phone first, then call 911.

ME: Why would you call my cell phone?

SARAH: To tell you the house was on fire.

ME: Why not just bark and tell me?

SARAH: You might not hear me from outside.

ME: What are you doing outside?

SARAH: Calling you.

ME: Why aren't you inside?

SARAH: Because the house is on fire!

FREEDOM: How are you going to make a call from outside?

SARAH: I'll take Dad's cell phone with me.

FREEDOM: You are going to use Dad's phone to call Dad's phone?

SARAH: That's right.

FREEDOM: That won't work.

MACKY: Yeah!

SARAH: What do you know? You're stupid. I bet you don't even know the number for 911.

MACKY: I do too!

SARAH: Then what is it?

MACKY: It is... It is... I am not telling you!

SARAH: That's because you don't know.

MACKY: I do too!

SARAH: Do not!

MACKY: Do too!

SARAH: Do not!

MACKY: Do too!

ME: Stop fighting you two. The correct answer is to call 911.

MACKY: Told you.

SARAH: You're still stupid.

ME: So where do we meet up?

MACKY: At the refrigerator.

FREEDOM: No we don't. We meet up outside, by the mailbox.

ME: Why would we meet by the refrigerator?

MACKY: To save our food!

ME: But the house is on fire.

SARAH: Yeah, stupid.

MACKY: But if we do not save our food, it will burn up and we will starve.

FREEDOM: No we wouldn't. The food isn't going to burn up, it will just get cooked.

MACKY: It will?

FREEDOM: Yeah. It will be flame broiled, just like a barbecue.

MACKY: That would be cool! I like barbecue.

SARAH: You guys are stupid.





No comments:

Post a Comment