First time on this blog?

Who are Freedon, Sarah, Macky Rae, and Reba? They are my little dogs!
If you are new to this blog, click here to read the introduction.


 photo recycled_electrons_zps05d2a378.gif


Regarding any typos you may find in this blog:
Currently, I am using the computer at the library to write and publish this blog. In addition to the spellcheck on their computer, there is a spell checker on the blog-host's server - and the two programs are arguing with each other, and sometimes one or both corrects my typing, even when it doesn't need to be corrected.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Dogs Say the Darnedest Things (part 4)

Even more conversations with my dogs:


MACKY: Hey, Dad. I need your cellphone.

ME: Why?

MACKY: So I can make a call.
Duh.

ME: Who are you calling?

MACKY: The Juice-O-Matic™ people.

ME: Why?

MACKY: To order a juicer!
As if that should have been obvious.
ME: But you don't drink juice.

MACKY: I know, but if we call in the next 30 minutes, they will include 12 space-age designed juice glasses, at no extra charge.

ME: We already have glasses, and we don't need a juicer.

MACKY: I also need your credit card. Hurry! Operators are standing-by to take our call.


After being told they had to wear coats when going outside for our daily walk to the park:
MACKY: Why do we have to wear these?

ME: Because it's cold outside.
Sarah enters the living room.
SARAH: Does this outfit make me look fat?

Elton Pom
MACKY: I do not like wearing this sweater.

ME: What's wrong with it?

MACKY: I look stupid.

ME: You look handsome.

MACKY: I look gay. People are going to think I am a gay dog.

ME: No they aren't.

FREEDOM: Are there any "gay" dogs?

MACKY: Poodles.

SARAH: Poodles aren't gay.

FREEDOM: They just look like it.

MACKY: That's because people make them wear stupid sweaters. You can't look tough in a sweater.

Eastside Pomz
FREEDOM: Maybe if Dad got us matching jackets, people would think we are tough.

MACKY: How would that make us look tough?

FREEDOM: They'd think we were in a gang.

MACKY: Yeah! Eastside Pomz!

SARAH: You guys are stupid.


Macky Rae, my youngest dog, won a goldfish at the county fair.
MACKY: Dad! I think my goldfish is sick!

ME: What's wrong with him.

MACKY: He keeps having seizures! I think he is a polectic.
I assumed he meant "epileptic".
ME: Why do you think that?

MACKY: Because he flops around a lot.
I lean over and examine the goldfish.
ME: He seems OK to me.

MACKY: Wait until I take him out of the bowl, then you will see!


 

Sign posted at a
local school yard


MACKY: That sign is stupid. Dogs do not even play golf.

FREEDOM: Or ride motorcycles.

MACKY: Do you know why we do not play golf?

ME: Why?

MACKY: Because we can not hold golf clubs because we do not have thumbs.

ME: Is that why dogs don't ride motorcycles?

FREEDOM: No. That's because our legs are to short.

MACKY: I wonder what they would do if a group of dogs rode up carrying golf clubs?

FREEDOM: They'd probably call the SWAT team.

SARAH: You guys are stupid.



I enter the living room. Sarah is watching Oprah.
I found a page at Life and Dog called
Juicing For Dogs. OK, maybe they do
drink juice.
ME: Has the mail come?

SARAH: About an hour ago.
A loud whirring sound comes from the kitchen.
ME: What was that?

SARAH: The boys are making juice.

ME: When did we get a juicer?

SARAH: About an hour ago.
From the kitchen:
MACKY: Hey, Dad! Can we have this left over lasagna?



No comments:

Post a Comment